COVID-19 update for our event on SEPTEMBER 21, 2021 from 9am-3pm
In light of rising COVID cases in our area, we have taken important measures to ensure everyone's safety at our event on Tuesday, September 21.
- To limit the number of people at the event, we have narrowed down our participating service providers to focus on critical needs.
- We have changed our volunteer model. To maintain proper social distancing, volunteers will not be matched 1:1 with a guest. Instead, volunteers will be assigned to a service provider area (i.e. medical, dental, housing), and will act as a concierge to guide guests to the service providers they require. (Sign up to volunteer here!)
- We are moving most of the event services to the outdoor space at Hope Faith Homeless Assistance Campus (*note new location!), under tents in case of inclement weather.
- Masks will be strictly required for all, including guests, service providers, and volunteers at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Volunteers and service providers are required to be vaccinated on the honor system; however we cannot guarantee that everyone attending the event will be vaccinated.
If you are a service provider, we will be reaching out to you individually with more specific information.
Project Homeless Connect is an annual, one-day free event for individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Kansas City.
Right now there are nearly 1733 people in Kansas City experiencing homelessness and 386 are under the age of 18. (e.g. *2021 Point-in-Time Count, Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness).
Project Homeless Connect (PHCKC) historically took place at the Gregg/Klice Community Center. Participants are given access to difficult-to-obtain services including medical services, vision care, identification procurement, food and nutrition benefits, employment assistance, housing assistance and more.
Since 2014, Project Homeless Connect Kansas City has helped more than 300 homeless participants annually with the help of hundreds of community volunteers, service providers and agencies and gracious donors. Learn more about our past results.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE