INTERESTED IN ATTENDING PROJECT HOMELESS CONNECT KANSAS CITY?
MARK YOUR CALENDAR FOR SEPTEMBER 21, 2021
After making the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 event due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have focused our efforts over the past year on fundraising and donation drives to support the agencies serving the homeless population. Thanks to all for their generous donations and support!
As we look to 2021, we are excited to share that we believe we can host a valuable event that maintains safety of all (following CDC guidelines) while providing the critical services that are most desperately needed. So please mark your calendars for September 21, 2021. We will be adding additional details regarding our 2021 event; in the meantime, here are a few crucial updates:
- We have formed a partnership with Hope Faith, and will hold our 2021 event at the Hope Faith Homeless Assistance Campus.
- We will adapt the 2021 event to consider COVID-19 precautions (requiring PPE, shorter shifts, layout, volunteer model, etc.).
- We are adding new service providers/partners and adapting services to meet the most critical needs of those experiencing homelessness. If you’re interested in discussing your agency’s involvement, please fill out this interest form.
- One of the most important determining factors to host a 2021 event is the comfort levels of our volunteers. So please take 5-10 minutes to take our volunteer survey.
- If you’d like to get more involved with PHCKC, we’d love your help – whether you're interested in hosting a sock drive or joining the planning committee, we'd love to hear from you! Please reach out us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a participant of Project Homeless Connect Kansas City, you receive important services all in one day. You'll be guided through the day by a navigator. They'll help assess your needs and desires for the day to help you get the proper services to move your life forward. Services include:
Medical & immunizations
Vision screenings &
Missouri state IDs
Missouri birth certificates
Food assistance programs
Family or individual portraits
Please bring all vital documents you may have to help service providers process your needs easier, including any and all forms of IDs, Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. To obtain a birth certificate, please review this list for the documentation required. Veterans, please bring DD214.
FREE LUNCH FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
STOPS EVERY 30-35 MINUTES at the following locations:
CENTRAL LIBRARY (10th & Main)
ILLUS DAVIS PARK (10th & Locust)
CITY UNION MISSION (reStart pickups here)
Download the guest flyer
Know someone who should attend the event? Download our flyer and share.
Attending Project Homeless Connect? Please bring all vital forms of documents needed to obtain a state ID and birth certificate.
Not able to attend? Need a service outside of our event? Check out the list of resources compiled by the KC Public Library.